St Joseph's - School Uniform
The Uniform Shop is located on the school site and uniforms can be purchased in-person or online.
In 2022 we have started to transition our school uniform. Uniform purchased this year will be the most recent design, existing students have a two year transition period and may wear their current uniform until the end of 2023.
Children are to be responsible for their own appearance and it would be appreciated if children could have clean shoes, shirts tucked in and socks up, as well as careful grooming and brushing of hair.
Hair should be
- Clean, neat and tidy
- Long hair (collar length and longer) for both boys and girls should be tied back firmly away from the face.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted.
- Coloured or dyed hair is not permitted.
- Number one haircuts are not permitted.
From Year One, children must wear correct uniform at all times (see Uniform List).
If children are wearing the incorrect uniform a note will be sent home informing parents. If a child has a reason to be out of uniform, a written explanation to the class teacher is required from parents.
Boys and girls wear plain black lace up or black MaryJane shoes (or plain brown leather school sandals in summer, velcro surf type sandals are not appropriate) with their normal school uniform, and sneakers with their sports uniform.
Wearing of the school hat is compulsory during outdoor activities and Recess and Lunch breaks.. Children without a hat will not be permitted to be out in the sun.
Boys and girls are permitted to wear
- a watch
- a chain with a Holy medal
- studs or sleepers in lobe (small sleepers without accessories, two pairs maximum)
- a Medic Alert bracelet (this is the only bracelet permitted).